Monday, April 19, 2010

No illegal immigrants on this train...

I've been in Borden since mid-January on career courses. At the end of every course you get to have an interview with your section staff member. Well, at the end of my first course (where I did pretty well) my staff said that people always try to bring down the people at the top and that I shouldn't let any illegal immigrants hop on my train to success. While the sentiment might not be worded perfectly, I really think I do understand what he was trying to tell me.

It's been pretty hard, but I think between the last course and this one has really helped me finally put some of the historical bullshit behind me. Or maybe it's just the sunshine. Either way, it's nice to be able to focus on studying and doing well again, since that is what I'm being paid to do here. I know that a P's a P (ie a pass is a pass), but if I'm being paid to be here to learn, should I really be happy with just passing? I know that I'm not happy in my regular work day with just doing 'ok' so why is everyone ok with that on course?

Enough of that now. It's time to go shower after my run and then head outside to study. Reminds me of exam time at uni.

No comments: