Major updates:
- This summer I had my first real job in the military. Which means it's the first time the military posted me to an established (and therefore not made up) position, as Transportation Officer for the West coast navy. I had great people that worked for me, and I love the challenge of telling people who out-rank me why they can't do what they want with military vehicles. Wine consumption drastically rose the 2 months I did both my job and my boss's, but hey, I'm in BC, the wine is good.
- At the end of the summer I deployed to Kuwait as a Duty Officer. My job is pretty low-key - I monitor phones and emails for shifts between 8-14 hrs and handle (re-direct) any disaster that comes up. As a Log officer it's pretty awesome to be part of the largest retrograde of military equipment for Canada since WWII. Sometimes they even let me out of my trailer to help clean tanks, and I have even been given a wrench on occasion to scoot under armoured vehicles and attach 'stuff'. What's made the experience incredible is that I've run into a few blasts from the past - one PSP girl I deployed to Kandahar with, and a MCpl who had given me my OJT (on the job training) when I first came to Esquimalt 2 1/2 years ago.
- I'm home now on HLTA for two weeks. Mostly I've been bumming around Victoria, shopping, getting my hair done, and treating myself to a massage. This weekend should be pretty fun though, but I'll (hopefully) type about that Monday.
Anyway, after 7 months away that about sums it all up.
2 comments:
I'm glad there are so many others who are as slack about updating their blogs as I am. ;)
I want to know more about Kuwait! Have you gotten to see much of it outside of your base?
Haha, we're all blog slackers ^__^ I second Maddy's request for info about Kuwait.
Post a Comment