It's taken 7 1/2 years, but I have finally made the last payment on my student loan for my time at Queen's.
It's a really nice feeling because it's tied in with my parents, and now I don't have to feel that my inability to pay it off affects their financial lives.
Financial seurity is definitely one of the reasons I volunteered for this deployment to Kuwait. By the time I'm ready to leave here I will have paid off my student and most of my credit card (I know, I know, bad Erica). It's not so much that my pay has gone up (although it has a bit from the allowances for deployment), but I don't really have too many expenses here. I cancelled my internet while I was away, and don't have to buy groceries, leaving just my rent and debts to pay each month.
Long story short...I have finally paid for my Queen's education! It has taken me 9 jobs in 3 provinces and 3 countries to pay off.
Yay me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment