Reworked from an email I sent out 28 July 2008, after landing at Camp Mirage...
Just thought I'd send you all a quick note letting you know that I'm safe and sound. I'm still on route to the big sandbox, though I'll be here (not that I'll tell you where here is) for a few days. It's been a crazy last couple of days and I'm having a hard time figuring out when now is after all that travel and time change.
After all the running around I did to get ready to come over it's kind of nice that I have no real schedule for today. Activities for today...snooze, eat some awesome yogurt, got to the gym, catch up with some friends from training and participate in tonight's olympic games.
When my plane landed yesterday it was about 37C...after midnight. This morning was a little toasty when I woke up too. And it is certainly a dry heat here in the host nation. It's certainly not as bad as I had expected though...but maybe I should withhold final judgement until later in the afternoon.
I promise my upcoming emails will be written a little better...for now I blame the jetlag.
No comments:
Post a Comment