Especially when getting away meant heading to Montreal for the weekend to see a friend from KAF. I'd spent basic just outside of Montreal last spring, but had always been too tired to really check out the city. This weekend I got to check out the old city, the harbour, the lookout at the top of the city, and more restaurants and bars then I can remember names of. It was also really awesome to hang out with Andy. He's in the military, so I got to chat (bitch) about stuff and he understood, but he's not my trade so I got some perspective.
Seeing how much Andy had embraced Montreal during his short posting there made me realize that I need to do the same with Victoria when I get back. It's time to just get out there. I already have plans to check out the Scottish festival the first Saturday I'm back, but I think it's time I stop using my bachelor apartment as an excuse, and just start having people over (especially since it's summer and I can use the patio). Victoria IS a beautiful city with some awesome stuff to do...so look out world, I know I've said it before, but I mean it this time, I'm gonna kick some Victoria ass and move in!
2 comments:
Maybe I can come and crash at your place?
for sure!
I was actually thinking I should come and visit you sometime this summer...I've never been North...
Post a Comment